Monday, September 10, 2012

Update after seeing surgeon

Saw the surgeon today.  He is one of those people that just exudes calmness; which is a very good thing.  We got a lot of information from him.

They are running another test, results will come in 10 to 14 days.  This will let us know if I have the gene that makes me susceptible to cancer.  These results will determine the severity of the surgery which is tentatively scheduled for Sept 28 but there will be 2 surgeons present so will be changed if the second surgeon isn't free.  I will find out the date for sure next Wednesday.

There are now 2 definite things that will be happening.
1.  I will be having surgery
2.  I will have to have chemotherapy.

Still to be determined.
1.  Severity of surgery
2.  Radiation therapy.  This they will not be known until after surgery.

So now we sit and wait again.

Friday, September 7, 2012


Got a phone call from the radiologist today.  The results were back from the biopsies.  The 2 masses are both malignant.  He didn't say if the biopsy of the lymph node was cancerous or not but he did say that they need to be removed.  I see the surgeon at noon on Monday so will find out the course of treatment that is best for my situation.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Health update

Looks like another surgery for me again this year.  Will find out for sure on Monday but 2 radiologists have recommended surgery.

Went in for a double biopsy today both on the right side.  Chances of it not being cancer are so slim with my family history.  My mother and 2 of 3 of her sisters have all had it.  At least now the survival rate is 99%. 
Will keep you posted.