Saturday, February 14, 2015

What I have been working on

Done some work on my CQJP 2015 March block.  Will post a picture of that on Wed or so.

Most of my time lately has been taken up with

1.  Bali Bedrunner - took a class last Jan 23 & 24 where I got a few of each type of piece done.  Got all my pieces made and trimmed so finally took a picture to show you.

These are roughly laid out there are still a few pieces to be added in once some of the pieces are joined as you can tell by the gaps inbetween some of the pieces.  The missing parts are just little squares.  This is one end of the bedrunner.  It will be 104 inches long.


2.  R2D2 - one of the ladies at John's work is expecting and has requested a R2D2 quilt.  So here is the drawing and pieces up on my board.  The pieces are still waiting to be prepped for machine applique.  I am going to use the starch & freezer paper to prep them then will use invisible machine applique.  The main body will be light grey with the head being dark grey.  The background is a dark blue with stars.


8 comments:

Lin said...

Two very different projects but I love them both. xx

Anonymous said...

That Bali bedrunner is really awesome. So glad you posted a pic. LOVE the R2D2! So would my sons. =)

Chris said...

You have me thinking about the Bali Wedding Star project box sitting patiently waiting for me to take notice and begin the thing.

Wendy said...

Lovely choice of colour for your Bali Bed Runner - It will be worth the effort and look awesome when it is finished! - Wendy.

Plum Cox said...

The colours in your Bali bedrunner are beautiful! What a lovely project!

Esther Aliu said...

What a beautiful bed runner, love those colours.

Kate said...

The bed runner is gorgeous. Love the colors. R2D2 is going to be such a fun quilt.

Turid said...

Lovely colours you have on your bali bedrunner. Thank you so much for the pincushions I got. I don't remember if I sent you a mail, we had so much happening here the last weeks.