Tuesday, August 4, 2015

W.I.P August 4, 2015

I have so many projects on the go per usual.

This is what I am mainly concentrating on currently. Learning Thread Painting.  For those that do not know this is usually done with 1 strand of floss and with multi colors for shading.  It is a lot of work but well worth it.


If you are interested go poke around NeedlenThread.  That is where I found the class for this technique.  My husband had bought me a book from Trisha Burr that I just fell in love with but needed way more practice and this is finally sinking in.

Linking up with Linky Tuesday and Esther's WoW

8 comments:

Lin said...

Looks beautiful Sandra - something I have not tried but a small piece on a crazy block would look lovely. xx

Anonymous said...

I especially like the ribbon in the upper right. That looks so neat this way!

Bunny said...

Beautiful work I have been looking into Stump work bought a few books. So little time so much to do.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Bunny

Flickenstichlerin said...

Stunning, what a wonderful technique.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Glenda said...

Hi Sandra, just spent 15 mins enjoying going back through your pages your CQ blocks are so lovely, This lovely thread work will look lovely on those too. I love the fruit you have done. My mum use to do this thread work and after sitting all evening would have such a tiny piece done but she just loved doing it on small animals and birds. I remember she did a Peter Rabbit and he looked so realistic. Cheers Glenda

Glenda said...

Hi Sandra, just spent 15 mins enjoying going back through your pages your CQ blocks are so lovely, This lovely thread work will look lovely on those too. I love the fruit you have done. My mum use to do this thread work and after sitting all evening would have such a tiny piece done but she just loved doing it on small animals and birds. I remember she did a Peter Rabbit and he looked so realistic. Cheers Glenda

Esther Aliu said...

Oh wow this looks so effective, I really love embroidery it's definitely something I'd like to have the time to enjoy more of

Carrie P. said...

that is really amazing.