Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Progress on the Beetle CQ wall hanging

Here are the basic blocks for the beetle legs.  The yellow walls in that room are distorting the colors.  They are all grey to black.  Still need to sew them onto muslin and embellish them all.



4x4" 6 blocks (only 1 seam)
4x8" 8 blocks (3 seams)
4x12" 8 blocks (5 seams)
triangle 44 blocks. (only 1 seam)

There will be a total of 114 seams for the legs.

SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT

This is something I was playing with while on my hiatus.  Is supposed to be for an earring but I altered the pattern just a touch and can use it for a CQ block some day is less than 2 x 2 inches.





1 comment:

Susan said...

Here's hoping the comment comes through! I saw all the posting trying to get it to work, and it seemed like it did, finally. 1. What great plans for the beetle. 114 seams - do you think you can get 2020 embellishments and threads and laces on there? =) I love the beaded piece, too. That is truly amazing!