Tuesday, May 27, 2014

ALYoF - May 2014

Managed to get this done finally.  Have you ever had a quilt that just did not want to go together.  Everything went okay until the binding.  The corners are still not sitting right and I gave up and sewed them down anyway.  No idea what it's problem is and I got to the point that I dont care just wanted it done and out of the way.  Maybe the fact that I do not like the colors at all might have had something to do with it.  This is a BoM from one of the local quilt shops and was also my May ALYoF goal.


I quilted it on my regular sewing machine mainly stitch in the ditch with some fmq.  I can do this size without too much difficulty (arm/shoulder only gave me grief for a couple of days versus 2 weeks form quilting the queen size quilt).

Linking up to ALYoF (button on my sidebar).

3 comments:

Wendy said...

the blocks are lovely. Well done for achieving your goal.

SIMPLESEW said...

hopping over from Finished Friday from Richard and Tanya's quilts. lovely work, stop by my blog for giveaway

Afton Warrick said...

It sounds like you just need a break from this one. You sure have a lot of work into it. Congrats on the finish. Perhaps, reward ourself with a new project in fabrics you love.