Friday, May 16, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival 2014 - entry

I have entered my "Witches in Stitches Boo-tique" quilt in the Small Quilt Category (had entered into the mini category by mistake, just deleted that entry and re-entered it in the small).

Description of the quilt.

- hand embroidered
- some piecing (done by machine)
- some applique (done by machine)
- quilting done by me on my regular sewing machine
- pattern from Oh My Bloomin Threads
- approx 60 by 60 inches


Story behind the quilt.

I started this quilt shortly before being diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2012.  It is one of the quilts that I worked on when I was able to; while going through surgeries, chemo then radiation.  It was one of the easier ones to work on as it was so light and portable.  Once all of the squares were embroidered it sat for awhile until I was able to do the cutting and piecing then the quilting.  So from beginning to end I think it took me about 2 years.  I still have to quilt the other 2 applique quilts that I was working on during this time as well.


Voting starts on May 24th so make sure you go check out the eye candy and place your vote(s)  Bloggers Quilt Festival 2014.


7 comments:

Barbara said...

What a perfect project for such an ordeal. Great job. Hope you are in good health.

pinsandneedles said...

Beautiful embroidery work!

CitricSugar said...

Beautiful and meaningful! Hope it was stitch therapy for you.

My mother is an 11-year survivor. Wishing you much health and happiness!

Cille said...

Amazing embroidery... Love that it has a sense of humor too :)

Wendy said...

it's nice to have a kind of trophy to show that you got through such a difficult time.

SuperMomNoCape said...

I'm sure stitching the blocks of this quilt brought a few smiles during your treatments... smiles that I'm sure were much needed. Sending you blessings for continued recovery and good health.

Nupur said...

Such wonderful work! Wishing you good health.