Monday, September 10, 2012

Update after seeing surgeon

Saw the surgeon today.  He is one of those people that just exudes calmness; which is a very good thing.  We got a lot of information from him.

They are running another test, results will come in 10 to 14 days.  This will let us know if I have the gene that makes me susceptible to cancer.  These results will determine the severity of the surgery which is tentatively scheduled for Sept 28 but there will be 2 surgeons present so will be changed if the second surgeon isn't free.  I will find out the date for sure next Wednesday.

There are now 2 definite things that will be happening.
1.  I will be having surgery
2.  I will have to have chemotherapy.

Still to be determined.
1.  Severity of surgery
2.  Radiation therapy.  This they will not be known until after surgery.

So now we sit and wait again.


Cindy Gardner said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Sandra.. I am a 15 year breast cancer survivor. I had a mastectomy at time of diagnosis and chemotherapy after. I did not have to do radiation. Keeping the positive mental attitude with you and you'll not believe how much it helps. I also had a wonderful surgeon who helped along the way!!!!Hugs to ya!!!!

Donna F said...

I'm keeping you in my prayers. I know you will be strong and make it through this.

Sally said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers